Yoga is not a religion, but a philosophy that began in India some 5000 years ago.
The original Yoga Sutra scriptures by Patanjali provide a framework for spiritual
growth and mastery over the physical and mental body.
We believe that this philosophy of yoga is the heart of Yoga.
Yoga is not just asana – the physical practice on your mat. We encourage you to
meet with your deepest consciousness by connecting your practice to spirituality.
Most of us don’t come to Yoga to learn something new but rather to unlearn all
the conditioning that has brought us to this place in our life.
Our teachers will offer dialogue in class direct from their own experiences on howY
oga has evolved them. The philosophy of yoga is offered as a doorway to the hearts
of the students and is a powerful way to of encouraging students to take a journey
out of the busyness of their minds and deep into the depth of one’s soul within the body.
If some of the philosophy in the classroom doesn’t resonate with you,
then you can just let it go and still enjoy the other benefits of the practice,
as well as our tranquil garden space!
“The attitude of Gratitude is the highest Yoga.”
To make your visit at Secret Garden Yoga optimum:
* Avoid eating 2.5 hours prior to class. Juice or a light soup is ok if you are hungry.
* Wear layers so you can shed clothes as you and the practice heat up. Bike shorts and a singlet top is a good base in our Byron climate!
* Please avoid wearing leggings or shorts with zippers – they destroy yoga mats, props and yourself.
* Avoid wearing perfumed deodorant, oils, aftershave etc. to class. These products restrict the breath. It might not bother you but it may bother others.
* You will need to register your attendance at the front desk before every class.
* If you are late to class do your best not to disturb the class. Remove your shoes etc before entering the studio. On entry, immediately take a seat on the floor near the front door and wait there until you are shown to a mat. Make sure you come by the desk after class to register your attendance.
* Mats and props are provided for you.
* Remember to turn your phone off before class
* Muscle soreness is a natural part of the body’s rejuvenation and transformation process. Regular practice and a warm bath will alleviate most issues here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the practice do not hesitate to give us a call or chat to us after class.
5 THINGS YOGA CAN TEACH YOU:
HONOR YOUR BODY
LET GO OF THINGS THAT NO LONGER SERVE YOU
BE PRESENT. AND OK WITH IT
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE THAN YOU THINK
Keep breathing and enjoy!